Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sylvia Browne wrong?

Today’s post isn't what I was originally planning on writing for today but I want to put my 2 cents out there on this subject. As you may have heard by now, Sylvia Browne had an incredible inaccurate reading in regards to kidnapped woman Amanda Berry, nearly 10 years ago. She stated to her mother on the Montel Williams show, “She’s not alive, honey.” I’m not going to go into the details of the story but if you would like to read the full story, you can click here for an article that the Huffington post wrote.

I think Katrina Weidman (who was a member of the Paranormal Research Society on the TV show “Paranormal State”) said it best of her official facebook fan page. She stated this, “So if you haven't seen it by now, Slyvia Browne is (once again) taking heat on her not so accurate predictions. Working in this field for several years I'm often asked about the use of psychics to contact loved ones, get information on missing people, etc. Here's my take: 1) there are some very messed up people out there who will fully take advantage of a grieving friend, family member, loved one and take whatever dollar they can get. 2) There are some people who really believe they have a "gift" and will tell you what they believe to be messages from beyond. I've met many people claiming to have this gift and I have to say a lot of them were off the wall crazy. Beware. 3) Then there are people who truly do have a gift, I've seen it in action and have experienced it myself. However, I always find that the psychics who are genuine will tell you upfront "this is what I'm getting, I could be wrong" and they usually stress this over and over again. 4) I tell anyone who is considering working with a psychic to TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! Even the people who really do have a gift are not going to be 100% accurate with every piece of information. I have seen clients in the past be so desperate for information that they literally cling to every word a psychic says... so is it the clients fault? I think you need to be your own advocate and get recommendations, referrals, and always have in your head that a psychic is not this all knowing mystical being. That being said, in the case of Amanda Berry's mom. I can only say that when someone is so heartbroken and desperate for answers they will turn to anyone. Unfortunately, there will always be people who take advantage of that. Is Slyvia Browne a fraud? Who knows, but it always seems like she causes more harm than good.”

I don’t know if Sylvia Browne is a fraud or not. That is for you to decide. I can tell you from personal experience that you do need to be careful who you choose if you do want to have some sort of reading done. Psychics’/ mediums at your local renn fest or carnival are usually frauds and use simple psychology. You’re just wasting your money in this case, unless you’re doing it for pure entertainment. Then feel free to spend your money. There have been several times when I was able to manipulate what I wanted the psychic to say by changing up my body language or saying certain things. I’m not saying all are frauds, the one’s I’ve happened to run into have said the predictable and vague statements that I expected.

I have had a past life reading from Jessica Jewett a year or two ago, and I feel she was pretty spot on. She was able to tell me a couple of things she couldn’t have possibly known. I’ve heard several other “testimonials” from other people that have had readings from her, and I have not heard a negative word about her.

So, there are frauds and there are legit people out there. You just need to do your research so you can save yourself some possible pain in the future. I know in many cases, such as in the Amanda Berry case, you just want some sort of closure but don't just jump into seeing a psychic or a medium.

1 comment: